Frequently Asked Questions
Cureo is purpose-built to drive all interactions into your brand and mission, by way of your website. Our special website plugins work with your existing website in combination with branded emails, document shares, and publications generated through Cureo to highlight and increase interaction with your brand and mission.
Yes, your data is backed up, secure, and safe. Cureo uses best in class, industry standard methods to transmit, store and protect your data, including:
- All traffic between the browser and sites are encrypted (SSL / HTTPS.)
- Databases are encrypted.
- Datacenters are SSAE16 & ISO 27001 certified and use tier I hosting platforms.
- Uploaded documents are encrypted when stored.
- Access to any production environments, databases, and application updates is strictly limited, tracked, and controlled in accordance with international standards.
- Hourly and nightly backups are performed and geo-redundant storage locations are utilized.
- Granular group and user access permissions are managed by your system administrator(s).
It is very unusual for our clients to need board approval to begin using Cureo. Cureo is priced to fall within typical executive discretion, which usually bypasses the need for board approval or grant requests. Also, Cureo is not a typical “board portal.” It’s a collaboration and constituent engagement platform that just so happens to work well for boards and committees. If you do require board approval before purchasing a Cureo license, use the following talking points:
- We can better track who is engaged or (more importantly) who is notengaged to manage outreach, services, donations, and more.
- We will be far better positioned for staff, leadership and board transitions, eliminating a lot of mission-draining headaches every time we experience turnover.
- We will be able to drive more activity into our brand, building mission awareness, event and volunteer participation, and donor growth.
- Our team will be able to get more done without additional overhead, as we’ll be able to consolidate all of our contacts, digital assets, and projects into a single, web-based collaboration system that we can access from anywhere.
- It allows us to work more efficiently with community partners. It even allows us to take a leadership role on certain task forces and partnerships, raising our awareness and credibility.
- We’ll see immediate results in our expenditures by eliminating other software that we currently pay for, like email marketing tools, intranet platforms, board portal software, project management software, and more.